- Association Name
- Japan Embedded Systems Technology Association (JASA）
- Head Office:1-8-12 Nihonbashi-Hamacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Branches:Hokkaido (Sapporo), Tohoku (Sendai), Tokyo, Chubu (Nagoya), Hokuriku (Fukui), Kinki (Osaka) and Kyushu (Fukuoka)
- The purposes of the Association are to contribute to healthy industrial development of Japan and improvement of national life. These purposes are achieved by improving embedded systems technology, raising users' convenience through standardization of applied microelectronics technology, protection of rights, and investigation research, etc., for the embedded systems industry (development, manufacturing, and sale of product using microelectronics technology, and system using such product).
- Number of Members:
- ・Regular members: 183 companies
・Supporting members: 31 companies (as of April, 2012)
- Establishment Date
- August 7, 1986
- Administration Division, Education Division, Technical Division, ET Division
- Competent Authorities
- Information Processing Promotion Division, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Industrial Classification
- Japan Standard Industry Classification G-3912 Embedded Software Industry
1.Implementation of Measures for Organizational Expansion
2.Implementation of Measures for Application of Programs Supported by Subsidies from Public institutions
Application of the subsidy system based on the national and local governments' policies, and promotion and enlightenment of such application.
3.Convening Exhibitions for Embedded Technology
The world largest exhibition and conference for embedded technology:
"Embedded Technology 2010" December 1-3, 2010 at PACIFICO YOKOHAMA
The only exhibition and conference for embedded technology convened in western Japan:
"Embedded Technology West" which will be convened in June, 2011
4.Implementation and Promotion of ETEC (Embedded Technology Engineer Certification) System
Implementation and promotion of the ETEC test system for software engineers aimed at fostering of embedded technology engineers and skill improvement of the engineers.
5.Investigation Research Activities for Technology Enhancement
- Case studies on safety design and investigation research on function safety related product. Investigation research on development of ISMS evaluation system and review/evaluation methods dedicated to the embedded industry with the aim of establishment of an information security management system.
- Investigation research on application of OSS (Open Source Software) in the embedded system.
- Investigation research on hardware technology components and establishment of a technology component map.
- Investigation research on technology/business trends related to the platform in the embedded system.
- Investigation research on SPLE (Software Product Line Engineering) which is a method for effective derivational and differential developments in product development using state transition table design.
- Creation of a model which represents essential characters of the item subject to control, promotion of a technology to which control theory is applied "Model Base Control (MBC)" based on the model, and establishment of the method for that technology.
- Formulation of measures to strengthen the implementation quality.
6.Human Resources Training and Education
- Holding forums at major regions.
- Providing training courses for new employees.
- Holding seminars based on the JASA-standardized education curriculum.
- Publication of books related to the embedded technology.
7.Convening ET Robocon (ET Software Design Robot Contest) Regional Tournaments (10 Japanese regions) and Championship Tournament
Contests to compete over software technologies analyzed/designed with UML etc. The aim of these contests is to promote technical education in the embedded software field. Workshops and tournaments are held in 10 regions in Japan. Championship tournament where regional champion teams compete with one another is held at "Embedded Technology" in December.
8.Technology Exchange and Support for Corporation
Consortia formation, promotion of business matching through interactions among branches, and strengthening of collaboration with industry groups and public institutions.
9.Promotion for Internationalization and Strengthening of Partnerships with Overseas Organizations
Investigation research on internationalization/globalization, and strengthening of partnerships with overseas/associated organizations.
10.Public Relations Activities
- Regular issue of the Association's journal "Bulletin JASA".
- Information provision and public relation activities through the Association's website and news distribution by email.
JASA offers a wide variety of activities for research of the latest embedded systems technology, information exchange, and interaction with other member companies. JASA provides various supports to member companies to facilitate revitalization of the entire industry beyond the boundaries of individual companies.
1. Committees/Research Groups/WG Activities beyond Boundaries of Individual Companies
JASA forms over 17 committees including a Safety Improvement Committee. Through research groups and working groups (WG), JASA also conducts survey and research into areas of critical interest that may be difficult for any single company to address on its own.
2. Embedded Technology Seminars/Training
JASA runs and sponsors various seminars and training programs, including ET seminars on the newest themes in the embedded technology industry and freshers seminars for new employees.
3. Community-Based Branch Activities
There is a growing need for community-based industry activities owing to the expansion of the embedded systems market. JASA promotes community-based unique activities centered on the embedded technology, supports such activities, and facilitates exchange among branches, by setting branch offices.
4. Support for Training of Embedded Technology Engineers
JASA actively addresses issues of "human resource development" which will support the industry in future by holding seminars based on the JASA-standardized education curriculum, conducting testing for Embedded Technology Engineer Certification (ETEC), and performing survey/research/promotion activities, etc.
5. Provision of Employees' Pension Fund and Group Insurance
Member companies can participate in Japan's System House Employees' Pension Fund program or JASA Mutual Aid Group Insurance program sponsored by JASA.
6. Special Rates to Participate in Related Events
Member companies can participate in JASA-sponsored exhibitions/seminars, overseas programs, etc. at special member rates.
- Enrollment Fee
- 200,000 yen for each regular/supporting member
- Membership Fee for Regular Member
- The membership rates listed in the table shown to the right applies. Membership fee is determined based on the capital amount of the company or the number of employees, whichever is higher.
- Membership Fee for Supporting Member
- Membership fee for supporting member is 300,000 yen, or more in increments of 100,000 yen.
|Type||Capital Amount (yen)||Number of Employees||Annual Rate (yen)|
|A||Less than 5 million||1 - 9||80,000|
|B||5 million or more to less than 20 million||10 - 49||160,000|
|C||20 million or more to less than 50 million||50 - 99||240,000|
|D||50 million or more to less than 100 million||100 - 199||320,000|
|E||100 million or more to less than 500 million||200 - 399||400,000|
|F||500 million or more||400 or over||480,000|
* For venture support, the annual rate for the company with less than 7 employees is 80,000 yen regardless of the capital amount.
* The annual rate for division membership is 160,000 yen.
* The annual rate for branch membership is 60,000 or 140,000 yen depending on company size.
* Enrollment fee and annual rate are waived for academic members.