Nihon University, Takahashi and Mochizuki Laboratory
Application of Embedded Technology for Railway Signaling Systems
1. Realization of High-speed Transmission Using Digital Transmission Methods for Railway Signaling Systems
In Japan, railway signaling systems in which control information is transmitted via rails have been deployed in many applications. We have proposed application of digital transmission methods to realize high-speed transmission such as CDMA, QAM, and OFDM. In this exhibition, we introduce MATLAB/Simulink-based simulation and a developed transmission device using an embedded device for evaluating transmission performance.
2. Development of Highly Reliable Level Crossing Controller
At single track section, level crossing controllers are installed at both sides of a level crossing. We have studied on implementation of train direction detection function for level crossings. After we analyzed time variation characteristics of received signals of actual level crossings, we proposed a train direction detection function based on this analysis. In this exhibition, we introduce analyzed results of actual level crossings, and developed signal processing system using an embedded device.
3. Monitoring and Maintenance of Railway Equipments
In railway systems in which high safety is required, it is important to maintain rails and field devices, and monitor environment near rail lines.
Based on this background, we exhibit a ZigBee device-based wireless sensor system for railway systems, and introduce maintenance methods using commercial vehicles.
- Consumer electronics / AV / Amusement
- New communication / Mobile / Network
- Smart Energy
- Social Infrastructure
- Medical / Nursing care
- Agriculture / Fisheries / Mining
- Finance (bank / securities / insurance)
- 7-24-1, Narashinodai, Funabashi-shi, Chiba